Sunshine superfood soup
Let the sunshine in, with this sunshine superfood soup! This Moroccan-inspired tomato soup with whole foods is packed with complex aromas - while being devilishly easy to make.
Let the sunshine, let the sunshine into… this soup! This sunshine superfood soup has all the elements for a soup-erb meal: flavourful whole foods, just the right amount of spices, an easy 4-step only preparation and most importantly, superfoods that will keep your gut happy.
How does this soup take extra care of your digestion? Thanks to the Gut Restore and Gut Feeling mixes! Gut Restore contains 3 live cultures that, when ingested, will travel to your gut to help build and restore your microbiome. This is where beneficial bacteria work hard to digest nutrients and help you have a smoother, more comfortable digestion. Gut Feeling will keep your microbiome happy by feeding and nourishing the good bacteria bio-active fibres. To make sure you can have easy access to an all-around gut care package, we’ve created the Happy Gut Bundle, where you will get both those mixes plus a free bamboo straw kit (you’ll be saving 10% by choosing the bundle instead of the individual mixes!).
One thing is certain, this delicious soup combined with powerful superfoods is a sure way of letting the sun shine from within.
Sunshine superfood soup recipe
- 4 tsp Gut Restore
- 2 tsp Gut Feeling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 large potato, cut into 2cm chunks
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 80 g fresh spinach
- 1,5 L boiling water
- In a pan, heat some vegetable oil and add the onion, celery, a pinch of salt, garlic, red chili, tomato purée and spices. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, potato, chickpeas and 1,25 L of boiling water. Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato chunks are tender.
- Add the fresh spinach, adjust the seasoning if necessary, and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the Gut Restore and Gut Feeling and serve immediately.