Is it possible to make a creamy and delicious broccoli soup without the cheese and cream? Absolutely!
Our vegan broccoli soup gets its creaminess from potatoes. Its starch provides a rich texture, while the nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavour.
To make this soup even healthier, there are 2 full servings of the Super Green mix. It’s a great way to add in more greens and important nutrients to your daily diet.
If you have picky eaters, they’ll never know the difference!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 tsp Super Green mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 500 ml plant-based milk
- 600 g broccoli florets
- 30 g nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth and milk.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and continue to cook until broccoli is tender.
- Transfer half of the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Add the Super Green mix and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy.