VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NO REFINED SUGAR
Banana Protein Muffins. Do we need to say more?! These are everything we're looking for in a snack. Filling, packed with goodness and protein and most of all: DELICIOUS. Seriously, I could live off of these.
Did I mention that these muffins are vegan, gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup and bananas instead of refined sugar? Hell yes! And they taste like freaking banana bread... doesn't get better than that!
We used our Muscle Powder mix for some extra protein and nutrients. The mix is a blend of pea protein, rice protein, maca root, lucuma and banana powder. A perfect combination of energy-boosting superfoods and valuable plant-proteins (with all essential amino acids!).
BANANA PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 1/3 cup Muscle Power mix
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Mix the ground flaxseeds with two tablespoons water and allow to sit for at least five minutes. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, mashed bananas, maple syrup and flaxseeds - stir well until you're left with a smooth batter.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper before filling it with the batter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
SUPER TIP: Our favorite way to eat these muffins is smothered in almond butter!