We’ve all had one of those days. You lost your keys, spilled coffee on your pants, and you just remembered that lunch date...an hour too late. On a day like that, there is nothing more comforting than a steaming plate of fresh pasta carbonara.
We get it.
Our creamy pasta carbonara is the type of comfort food you’re looking for. The combination of almonds and nutritional yeast give it a rich, “cheesy” flavor. And the smoked tofu, which is a great source of plant-based protein, gives it that classic carbonara taste.
This is the perfect weeknight meal — as it comes together in about 20 minutes. And because it includes our Plant Protein mix (another great source of plant-based protein), this pasta carbonara is great for when you need some extra carbs.
VEGAN PASTA CARBONARA
SERVES 2 | VEGAN
2 tbsp Plant Protein Mix
- 2 servings spaghetti
- 100g blanched almonds (or cashews)
- 300ml cups water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package smoked tofu, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 15g fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a high-speed blender, blend the Plant Protein mix, almonds, water, lemon juice and nutritional yeast, if using, until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the tofu and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet, then pour in the sauce, stirring to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, if using, and serve.
More Pasta Recipes