Hummus gets an autumn makeover with this easy-to-make pumpkin dip.
It’s pumpkin season! That special time of the year when you indulge in pumpkin spice lattes, pies, and pancakes to your heart’s content.
But the addicting and loveable flavour of pumpkin doesn’t have to be limited! There are plenty of ways to use this versatile squash...One of our favorites? Savoury pumpkin hummus dip.
Sure, you’ve had hummus, but something magical happens when you add the subtle sweetness of pumpkin to this classic dip. Plus, this recipe has the added benefits of superfoods and plant protein from our Plant Protein mix.
This tasty pumpkin hummus comes together quickly and goes great with crackers and veggies. Are you ready to snack healthy? Let’s get mixing!
FUN FACT: Pumpkin provides a healthy dose of vitamins K, C, and E – making it perfectly acceptable to have a pumpkin obsession. 😉
Homemade Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
- 2 tbsp Plant Protein mix
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 250 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- ground cumin, paprika, sea salt, pepper
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Serve with breadsticks or veggies.